Friday, December 28, 2007

Rehab - Lesson 14 and Discharge...

Well, it is over a week since my last rehab session.  Jogged fo 2 minutes, HR 90 bpm, BP 107/70 mmHg.  Completed the program with a formal assessment which saw me reach the last two stages of the 'shuttle walk test' when I had had enough.  The education session was on coronary artery disease.

That same afternoon I was set for an echocardiogram and treadmill test.  Unfortunately, the scan revealed a functional pulmonary stenosis due a solid/cystic mass in the pericardial sac which created a 30 mmHg in the Right Ventricular Outflow tract (RVOT). My treadmill test was abandoned!  Two days later I had a cardiac MRI scan - the result was only teleophoned to me on Boxing Day: it looked like a blood clot which should disperse in time; no need for exploratory surgery at the moment.

Good news, but I am still left with a functional pulmonary stenosis which does put strain on my heart and has me worried about the exercise program I have planned in Phase IV at my local gym.

Meanwhile, I am recovering from a nasty chesty cough illness which has all but ruined the Xmas period.

No comments:

Post a Comment